To submit calls for art, jobs, etc. send text (in email body, not as an attachment) and logo or other web ready jpg (72 dpi) to jaslistings (at) gmail (dot) com No pdfs.
For Artists, Educators, Students
The Arts of Seeing: Reading the Torah through the Making of Visual Midrash" (with Peter Pitzele). More info & registration here
Call for Blog Posts
for Jewish Art Salon website others
Images of Jewish holidays related themes wanted for publication on our website.
Also, occasionally we get requests from art curators, journals and blogs for images. We will pass on your images at our discretion. Should a third party want to publish or exhibit your work you will be contacted directly.
- FOLLOW these guidelines below please. We cannot publish your work otherwise.
- Email jpg images to this address No pdfs.
- Subject line: If you email more than 1 holiday, you need to send separately. E.g. all Rosh HaShanah related images should be sent with the subject line "Rosh HaShanah"; Yom Kippur's subject line is "Yom Kippur", etc.
- Format: Images need to be jpgs, 72 dpi, and no larger than 300 kb. Images need to be saved with your last name and name of holiday. We will not be able to publish images without your name and holiday name in the title (Example: Doe_roshhashanah.jpg)
- If you include a URL of your website we will link to it.
- If you like, you may include a 1 or 2 short paragraph text, written in 3rd person, describing your submitted jpg.
Images will be selected by the Jewish Art Salon committee.
For artists on our email list only! If you are not on our email list, sign up here.
Call for images for online journal
Zeek: A Jewish Journal of Thought and Culture is hosting an open call to put together art together for upcoming issues. If you'd like them to consider your art, see info here.
IndieWalls.com is helping artists who are looking for non-gallery public exposure connect with local venues (upscale cafes, restaurants, bookstores, and other retail venues) who want to display their art for sale on their walls. Artists create profile pages, which the venues can browse through (eliminating the need to lug their portfolios all over town.) IndieWalls.com also includes a secure and easy online payment system through which buyers can easily purchase the art they see for sale in these public venues. It's a new and exciting way for emerging artists to start hanging their works in public venues (through a safe and easy system). Artist application is very simple - www.indiewalls.com